Having kids in your bridal party? Here are 8 tips for working with the smallest members of your bridal party – and how to keep them happy!
- Make sure they attend the rehearsal and have a practice walk down the aisle, so they don’t freak out when it’s go-time on the big day. Praise them, and give them a special gift, just as you would the rest of your wedding party.
- Afternoon or evening wedding? Make sure they take a nap. No one wants a cranky child.
- Take some photos with them before the ceremony – there’s no guarantee they’ll look this good later!
- Feed them! Give kids a snack before and after the wedding ceremony. Choose wisely: foods that will make a mess or stain clothing are not your friends.
- Other pre-wedding musts: go over directions, double-check them for any stains and make sure they go to the bathroom (or run the risk of a very amusing cross-legged walk down the aisle!).
- Having a ring bearer? Have fake rings! Give the real ones to the best man, just in case.
- Let your flower girl and ring bearer sit in the front row (with a parent or grandparent) during the ceremony, then let them rejoin the party during the processional.
- Prep parents so they’re ready to scoop up their child if they decide the wedding is a brilliant place to throw a hissy fit.
For more tips + advice from the best local experts, check out our super helpful QB wedding directory!