If you’re looking for an outdoor paradise in Brisbane to serve as your wedding venue, the Roma Street Parkland should be your first choice.
Situated just 500 metres away from Brisbane City Hall, the Parkland has five venues to choose from and looking at each one can inspire you for your wedding theme.
- Palm Tree Court – True to its name, the Palm Tree Court is surrounded by a lush canopy of palm trees. A large fig tree also provides a good backdrop for the ceremony itself, and so does another set of myrtle trees. The Court is located in a very quiet section of the Parkland, allowing for intimate ceremonies to be held with minimal disruptions.
- Flying Duck – The Flying Duck is a simple boardwalk jetty on the Parkland’s lake, offering a wide view of the lake and the gardens. As the jetty is small, it is best used for more intimate weddings with a bare handful of witnesses in attendance.
- Sunset Glade – Peace and quiet is the name of the game for weddings at this site. The Sunset Glade is a large grass lawn backended by very old trees. You can set up a small ceremony and reception.
- Harry Oakman Pavilion – The Harry Oakman Pavilion is in the upper reaches of the Parkland. It is an outdoor ceremony location with the reception hall nearby. Best of all, it has ample views of the city and the entire parkland.
- City View Saddle – if you thought the views of the Harry Oakman Pavilion were stunning, looking at them from the City View Saddle at the Parkland's northern edge is literally the volume turned way up. You got panoramic city/park backdrops coupled with a sloping lawn area.
A dedicated wedding co-ordinator is on hand to help you secure your preferred space and plan the event. An in-house horticulture department will prepare the venue with any floral arrangements you prefer. You can choose to hold a small picnic-style reception on the Parkland or book offsite venues.
Come down to the Parkland and be amazed by the natural beauty.