A stand-out wedding reception is impeccably styled, has a warm and inviting atmosphere and an on-trend menu that satisfies even your fussiest guest. Do they have special off-season rates? Will there be a wedding coordinator on hand to help with all of the planning? If so, is there a charge for this service? Of course, all of this takes some serious planning! QB is here to lend a helping hand with a (long) list of 100 must-ask questions for your would-be reception venue. So be sure to take this list and a pen to jot down the answers as you go. Happy planning!
GET CLUED UP:
First up, there are two big questions that need answering before you go any further:
1. How many guests does your venue hold and does it accommodate our guest list?
2. Is our date available?
If the answer to both of these is yes, then you can crack on with the other 98 questions…
3. Do you have a one-wedding-per-day policy and will we have exclusive use of the venue?
4. If not, how many other weddings are (or can be) booked for the same day and how will this impact on the space or time allocated to us?
5. Are there special rates for an off-season date, certain days of the week or certain times of the day?
6. How much time do we have at the venue and is there a charge for additional hours?
7. How flexible are your packages? Can substitutions be made?
8. Do you have recommended vendors and if so, are we able to use other vendors not on your list?
9. Are there any changes planned to your venue before our wedding? For example, renovations or painting.
10. What’s the backup plan in case of inclement weather or other unforeseeable circumstances?
11. Is there an in-house venue wedding coordinator? (NB this is someone works on behalf of the venue to make sure everything goes to plan. A wedding planner someone else you’d hire yourself separately to plan/coordinate <all> elements of your wedding).
12. What will they actually take care of – what services are included with the venue wedding coordinator, and are there additional charges for any of this?
13. Will they be there on the day too, and not just in the lead-up to our wedding?
14. If not, who will be our go-to person and can we meet them before booking as well?