Searching for your dream venue? Already found the perfect place? Ask these go-to questions to make sure your reception goes off without a hitch…
Related article: 30 last-minute wedding tasks you won’t want to forget
– “Does the venue suit the number of guests we plan to invite?
– A room that’s too large is almost as bad as a room that’s too small – do you have a number of function rooms for us to choose from?”
– “Is there a separate charge for room hire? If so, how many hours does it cover?”
– “Are there any charges if we go over time?”
On the clock
– “What time can guests arrive?”
– “When will each course be served?”
– “What time will you kick us out?”
– “Will you supply a schedule for the day to help make things run super-smoothly?”
– “What exactly does the per-head cost cover?”
– “What specific drinks are covered in this?”
– “Can our guests purchase any drinks not on this list?”
– “How many hours does the package cover?”
– “How will drinks be charged after this?”
– “What happens to any leftover bottles that we’ve paid for?”
– “What sort of food and beverage packages does your venue offer?”
– “Can we do a menu tasting?”
– “How do you handle food intolerances and special diets?”And what are your prices?”
Take a seat
– “What’s the seating plan at the venue?”
– “Can it be adapted to suit our preferences and guest numbers?”
Bust a move
– “Is there a dance floor?
– “If it’s not the right size for us can we change it?
– “If it’s not in the right spot, can we move it?”
Room + table decorations
– “Can you provide table linens in our chosen wedding colours?
– “Do you offer any other types of decoration?”
– “Are any other weddings taking place on the same day as ours? If so, will we be sharing any facilities (such as bars, reception areas, parking areas etc)?
– “How will you make us feel like we’re the only ones here?”
– “Are there enough parking spaces for all of our guests? If not, are more available nearby?
– “Is there free parking?”
– “Is there a changing room for the bridal party?”
– “You offer accommodation as well as wedding receptions – will there be any special room rates available for our guests?”
Suite, suite love
– “Do you offer a complimentary honeymoon suite as part of our chosen package?”