Pearls are popping. In fact, the Pinterest Predicts 2022 trend report flagged ‘Pearlcore’ as a white-hot bridal fashion trend when it came to searches and pins, including ‘pearl dress’, ‘pearl wedding decorations’ and ‘simple pearl ring’. Timeless themes or a modern vibe, pearls come to the party with their incredible lustre and versatile good looks.
Fashionable folk on Instagram are heeding the call, but it’s weddings where we’re seeing pearls really swing back into favour. Costume jewels work a treat for shoes or accessories or quality simulated pearls such as Swarovski which have a crystal centre.
But for that incredible lustre, we love premium South Sea or Tahitian Pearls which take 2-3 years to ‘grow’ in an actual oyster and present in the classic rounded shape. Just know they come at a hefty price tag to match their head-turning shape! Or, for a unique strand or statement earrings, look for the organic shapes of freshwater pearls. We also love the Akoya pearl, a saltwater variety made famous by Japanese brand Mikimoto.
Where to play with pearls
- Bridal earrings. Freshwater or South Sea pearls work a treat for this and double as the perfect honeymoon accessory.
- On your bridal gown. Look to pearl buttons or pearl detailing.
- In your hair, try a barrette or freshwater pearl pins.
- Dotted on your shoes.
- Pinned in your bouquet.
- Scattered on a veil or belt.
- As part of your table décor. Try your stationery or dotted around photo or table number frames.
- On your cake. Edible pearls are here!
Take a look at our gallery below for more inspiration!