Looking for ideas to incorporate the “something blue” tradition into your wedding? We’ve got you covered! Whether it’s through stunning sapphire jewellery, stylish blue shoes, a beautiful blue wedding gown, or a creatively designed blue wedding cake, our curated selection of blue wedding ideas will add an extra touch of luck and charm to your special day.
Get inspired and make your “something blue” truly memorable this season.
Feature image: Bronte & her girls at Rosewood Estate. Photo: Tessa Cox Photography
1. ‘I do’ in blue. ‘Hydrangea’ & ‘Blue Moon’ bridal gowns, Sareh Nouri Bridal
2. The sweetest blue hues from Just Add Flower. Photo: Allume Wedding Photography at Figtree Restaurant
4. Imagine these powder-blue cuties peeking from under your gown. Australian-made ‘Dove’ velvet heels, Forever Soles.
5. Bridal blue, come through. Soft floral print gives Wendy Makin’s Marilyn its dreamy allure, wendymakin.com
6 . Imagine these sweet waves at your coastal celebration. From Sunshine Coast-based Zoë Clark Cakes, zoeclarkcakes.com
7. Pair your bridesmaids with the prettiest shades. La Lune Ruched Halter Maxi, Shona Joy
8. Bring modern ocean vibes to the table with custom stationery & creative styling, Cloud Nine Weddings
10. A moment for the bows. ‘First Kiss’ bridal gown, Sareh Nouri Bridal
11. Something blue, right by your side. The ‘Audrey’ gown in Midnight Blue is an elegant option for your mum or mother-in-law. Living Silk
12. Dip your cake in duck-egg blue. Cake: Milk & Honey Cake Creative. Florals: Pollen Wedding Events
1 4. We are hopelessly besotted with the pleated stylings of NY brand Loeffler Randall. Camellia Blue Pleated Bow Heels, loefflerrandall.com
15 . Bring blue to your bouquet styling à la Bud & Willow Floral Design for Lillie & Jayden. Photo: Allumé Wedding Photography at Figtree Restaurant
16. Or how about a hydrangea cloud for your reception table? Bud & Willow Floral Design for Lillie & Jayden. Photo: Allumé Wedding Photography at Figtree Restaurant
17. Catch the light in these absolute stunners. Pear-shaped aquamarine & diamond huggies, Clayfield Jewellery
18. Bridesmaids in blue (it has a ring to it!). Safira Sleeveless Open Back Midi Dress in Aegean Blue, shonajoy.com.au
19. You may have to raid the honeymoon budget for these, but just think of the re-wear potential (extra points if your name starts with V). Valentino VLogo Signature Patent Leather Slingback Pumps in Niagara, valentino.com.en-au
20. Handmade in Melbourne, the Grace Alice headband in Pale Blue is a luxe touch for you or your crew, stephaniebrowne.com.au
21. A romantic statement from Bloom & Bush. Gown: Erin Clare Bridal. Photo: White Parrot Wedding Photography & Film. See this exquisite styled shoot in Issue 122
22. Bouquet blues. Premium silk bouquet ribbon in Steel Blue, The Whole Bride
23. Glorious for a luxe beach wedding or sophisticated city soirée. Aquamarine & diamond studs, Clayfield Jewellery
24. Toss on a denim jacket and you’re good to go. Bronte & her girls at Rosewood Estate. Photo: Tessa Cox Photography
25. From wedding prep to honeymoon suitcase, the super comfy ‘Camille’ pyjama set in softly sustainable Tencel will be your lucky charm, Homebodii
26. Baby blues on creamy white — pure delight. Milk & Honey Cake Creative topped off this beauty with florals from Twigs Florist.
27. Nail the look with ‘Wategos’ pastel-blue crème vegan/low-tox polish, Sienna Byron Bay sienna. co
28. Honeymoon blue for you. The lovely Loren earrings from Brisbane-based jeweller Christie Nicolaides feature blue lace agate and freshwater pearls. christienicolaides.com.au
29. Come through, cornflower blue. This custom Asscher-cut sapphire has us swooning, Aurupt Jewellers
30. We’d already zoomed in on these Florence Luxury Velvet Slippers when we discovered you can monogram them — oh happy day! In Eggshell Blue or Navy with free personalisation from Gold Coast-based Homebodii, homebodii.com
31. With a removable ribbon tie and a slender ankle strap, the ‘Honey’ sandal is two blue looks in one, Forever Soles
32. So cute for on-the-day touch-ups or as a gift for your girls. ‘Tumbling Flowers’ velvet cosmetic purse, Kip & Co.